The King Cake Cocktail
If there’s one thing we know about Mardi Gras its that the drinks do not disappoint. The same can certainly be said for the King Cake Cocktail! This drink is a must try! The flavor profile is simply amazing!
This world wide festive celebration is notorious for having some of the best of the best drink recipes in the world! After all, Mardi Gras is all about self indulgence before the Lenten season! In fact, if you travel to New Orleans for Mardi Gras during February you will be surrounded with rich cultural drinks, food, and extravagantly masked party goers! The King Cake Cocktail originates from the customary disk King Cake.
The King Cake dish is rooted in royalty and rich in tradition! You can’t go to New Orleans without smelling the aroma of this bundt dessert! The King Cake Cocktail brings all this royalty and tradition into a glass and it pairs really well with The Carnival Queen Mardi Gras Cocktail!
Certainly, both recipes are super simple and delicious! You just cant go wrong with anything that includes Grand Marnier, Baileys, and Cake Vodka! Yes please! The King Cake Cocktail is an all inclusive Mardi Gras experience in a glass! Its perfect for a masquerade party or just scratching your Mardi Gras itch!
- 2 ounces vanilla cake vodka
- Green, gold, and purple sanding sugar
- ½ Baileys Irish Cream
- ½ ounce Grand Marnier
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce whole milk
- 3 drops hazelnut extract
- Using vanilla vodka rim a Martini glass and decorate accordingly using the green, gold, and purple sanding paper.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the vodka, Baileys, Grand Marnier, simple syrup, milk, and hazelnut extract.
- Shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into the rimmed glass over ice and serve.
Lastly, if you want to try a creative variation you can add an ounce of half and half or you can sub the vanilla vodka for birthday cake vodka – the best tasting vodka ever!
Powered by Leafy Mom