If you love jello shots and also love New Orleans – then this Mardi Gras Jello Shot recipe is the one for you! This is a New Orleans spin on a classic jello shot recipe. It’s super simple to make, aesthetically pleasing, and a for sure crowd pleaser! This recipe includes a kid friendly and an adult version of the Mardi Gras Jello Shot treat!
The Mardi Gras Jello shot is the perfect drink and snack to serve at Mardi Gras parties as well as Fat Tuesday! You’ll feel like your down at Fat Tuesday letting your masque rage spirit shine!
We recommend serving it in a glass shot glass the shot is truly beautiful and full of Mardi Gras spirit! So let that Mardi Gras sprit shine! A sign of a great get together is a beautiful tray of jello shots!
The Mardi Grass Jello shot uses simple yellow, green, and purple jello but you can play around with different jello flavors to make your own Mardi Gras creation!
- 1 small box lemon jello
- 1 small box grape jello
- 1 small box lime jello
- 3 packets Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- Whipped Topping
- Purple Sprinkles
- Green Sprinkles
- Yellow Sprinkles
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine lime jello and 1 packet of unflavored gelatin and stir well
- Add 1 cup boiling water and stir until fully dissolved
- Add mixture into bottom of jello shot glasses, take mind to only fill 1/3 of the way
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Repeat the process with 1 cup boiling water, lemon jello and unflavored gelatin.
- Repeat the process with 1 cup boiling water, grape jello and unflavored gelatin.
- Before serving top with a mound of whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Spiked Version
- Add 1 cup boiling water to 1 box of yellow Jello and stir until dissolved
- Add 3/4 cup vodka and 1/4 cup cold water and stir
- Add to shot glasses and chill
- Repeat the process for green and purple jello
One things for sure – if you make the Mardi Gras Jello Shot Adult version you are setting yourself up for an amazing night of getting your masque rage on! Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to check out our patented Masque Rage Masks on your way out!
Powered by Leafy Mom