I’m a sucker for anything DIY and anything Halloween related. So this DIY Mardi Gras Pumpkin is an amazing little project that I love to do every year! Its so much fun to do and its beautiful when its done! All you need to get this DIY party started is a styrofoam pumpkins, spray paint, a hot glue gun, and some shiny Mari Gras beads!
You can make several different versions of the DIY Mardi Gras Pumpkin project. I like to make one pumpkin per Mardi Gras Color so that they are solid colors. I also love making ones with multiple colors in a pattern. Play around with pumpkin sizes too! The best Mardi Gras Pumpkin displays feature several sizes of pumpkins for a more natural “pumpkin patch” look.
Dollar Store Styrofoam Pumpkin
Black Spray Paint
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Sticks
Purple Mardi Gras Bead Necklace
- Spray paint styrofoam pumpkins with the black spray paint. Do two coats allowing for each coat to dry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Plug in hot glue gun
- Cut the mardi gras beads in one place to make necklace into a long strand of beads.
- Starting from the top of the pumpkin at the base of the stem; put a later of hot glue around the base of the stem and begin to wrap the beads around the stem in a circular motion.
- Working your way down, wrap the beads evenly around the pumpkin all the way to the bottom.
- Once you are done applying the beads – allow for the glue to dry over the next 3 minutes.
- Pick the hot glue strands sticking out (if any) of the beads to create a more clean look.
We hope you enjoy this DIY Mardi Gras Pumpkin project! Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to stop and check out our Masque Rage Masks on your way out! They are the perfect Halloween party costume! Get your masque rage on!