Mardi Gras Popcorn
We love the idea of taking a simple snack such of popcorn and hacking some Mardi Gras spirit right into it! If you love a sweet and salty snack that will be sure to be a hit; try out this amazing Mardi Gras Popcorn! Its the perfect combination of flavor and festive and its super easy to whip up quickly!
This popcorn is great for a Mardi Gras Movie Night snack or a perfect appetizer at a Masquerade themed party! I am a sucker for gourmet popcorn and anytime we indulge in hacked popcorn treat – we always do with with Orville Redenbacher’s Movie Theatre Butter Popcorn. If your looking to indulge I recommend this brand! It mixes very well with any kind of chocolate or crunchy add ins!
This recipe uses a combination of popcorn and chocolate melts. You can certainly buy your chocolate at the grocery store but I have found that for popcorn hacks such as the Mardi Gras Popcorn; the artificial candy melts from Hobby Lobby or Michaels tend to work much better! My favorite brand (which is tried and tested) is Wilton Candy melts – this brand is the best quality and best taste! If you go to hobby lobby be sure to download the app for a 40% in store coupon every day! With the coupon you can load up on candy melts all you want!
Check out this Mardi Gras Popcorn recipe below:
- 12 Ounce Bag Wilton Green Candy Melts
- 12 Ounce Bag Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- 12 Ounce Bag Wilton Purple Candy Melts
- 3 Bags of Popcorn
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- 0.5 oz Wilton Silver Pearl Dust
- Pop all three bags of popcorn, transfer to three separate glass mixing bowls. Pick out all un popped kernels.
- Place the green candy melts in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl, stir, and then continue heating them in 30 second intervals until all the candy melts are fully melted. Stir between each interval.
- Pour the green candy melts over one of the glass bowls of popcorn. Gently mix by folding the popcorn over and over to coat each piece in the chocolate.
- Spread the green chocolate coated popcorn in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper to dry.
- Repeat the process with the purple and yellow candy melts.
- Leave to sit for 30 minutes. Once all of the candy coated popcorn is dry, gently break into pieces and mix together.
- Lightly sprinkle Wilton Silver Pearl Dust onto the mixed Mardi Gras Popcorn and then gently toss and serve.
Feel free to take this recipe and put your own spin on it! We love to try out other variations!
Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to check out our Masque Rage Masks on your way out! Our masks are easy to apply and absolutely gorgeous! No Mardi Gras Party should be without them! Get your masque rage on!
Powered By Leafy Mom